Advancing Stroke Care in the MidSouth
Methodist University Hospital has received Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Certification from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and the Joint Commission. This certification is the highest level of stroke care accreditation.
Our Comprehensive Stroke Center at MUH:
- Has dedicated neuro-intensive care unit beds for complex stroke patients with 24/7 neuro-critical care.
- Uses advanced imaging capabilities.
- Treats a high volume of complex stroke cases.
- Coordinates post hospital care for patients.
- Uses a peer review process to evaluate and monitor care of complex cases.
- Participates in stroke research.
Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown, Methodist North, and Methodist South hospitals hold the Joint Commission’s Primary Stroke Certification.
- Patients benefit from 24/7 access to:
- Rapid-Response Stroke Team
- Advanced Brain Imaging Services
- Endovascular Neurologic Interventional Procedures
- Operating Room Surgical Suites
World-class Physicians, Acute Care Nurse Practitioners, and Nurses with advanced training in neurologic conditions can be found in:
- Cardiac-Neuro Center sub-specialty in the Emergency DepartmentJoint Commission Gold Seal
- Neuro-Interventional Suites
- Neuro-Critical Care Unit
- Neuro Step-down Unit
- Neuroscience Floor
Our providers have expertise in comprehensive treatment of stroke-related conditions like:
- Ischemic Stroke
- Hemorrhagic Stroke
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Cerebral Aneurysms
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Venous Thrombosis
- Arterial Dissection